Fayose reconcile with whistle blower, calls him a ‘son’

Ex-Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ekiti, Dr. Tope Aluko who was at war with his ally, the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose has made a dramatic U-turn and reconciled with the governor.tope aluko

Recall that Aluko appeared on Channels TV 2 months back, apologizing for being part of the Ekiti Project, which was the major campaign point of the PDP that had been jettisoned by Governor Fayose.

Aluko opened a can of worms and gave an insider account of how the military was allegedly used to rig the election that Fayose won under PDP.

However, in the new less-than-two-minute video, which was shot in Lagos on Saturday, Fayose was seen standing beside Aluko, answering questions asked by journalists.

Watch video

Fayose told journalists in the video that if he leaves Aluko to the whole world, who would be there for him.

“I am his father, I am his brother, whatever the past has held for all of us, I am still his father,” Fayose said.

Asked if he has forgiven Aluko, Fayose said, “Whether you are talking of forgiveness, Aluko remains my son, my boy… whatever he has said, it is time to move forward.”

Aluko told journalists that everything was behind now.

“This is about peace, this is about misunderstanding, this is about talking together, this is about family coming in, this is about well-meaning Nigerians coming in and that’s what we have achieved,” Aluko said.



This post has been seen 869 times.

About AYO OLOWO

Ayo Olowo is a writer, a web developer, an online marketer. My interest is in sports and international affairs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

x

Check Also

FG recovers N37b, $666m from looters – AGF

The federal government has recovered more than N57.9 billion and $666.68 million through the anti-corruption war. The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, revealed that the Ministry of Justice in line with the anti-corruption ...

14 donors pledge $672m to tackle Boko Haram crisis

The Oslo Conference on Boko Haram humanitarian crisis realised $672 million in pledges from 14 donors, the UN Secretary-General António Guterres has said. The Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the spokesperson for the Secretary-General, Mr ...

UA-38867477-1