Three people have been confirmed dead and at least 17 others have been injured in Sunday’s bomb explosion in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), says the attack was carried out by two suicide bombers.
An official of the local vigilante called Civilian-JTF, involved in the rescue and evacuation of victims of the blasts, confirmed the death to journalists.
According to him, “So far, three persons are dead.”
“It was a suicide bomb attack, we are trying to ascertain the actual number of those injured in the hospital now,” he added.
The suicide bombers, according to NEMA were a male and a female near the popular Monday market.
NEMA’s information officer, Mr. Sani Datti, said in a statement that “only the suicide bombers lost their lives.
He confirmed that 17 persons who were injured have been evacuated to the Specialist Hospital in Maiguduri.
Mr. Yusuf Muhammed, Chairman, Madagali Local Government, Adamawa, said 56 persons died and 177 injured in the twin blasts that that hit Madagali Market.
This post has been seen 1451 times.